Why You Should Track Your Tires - Overview
Your cargo is valuable – whether you haul freight or a bus load of first graders. Make certain your cargo reaches its destination safely and on time by ensuring your fleet's tires are properly maintained and managed. A fully-integrated tire identification and tracking system can help manage your fleet's tires – To avoid tire failures, predict tire maintenance, and reduce emergency roadside repair.
A complete system should include:
- Tire-Track ID UnitTM(s) (Permanent Barcode labels designed for tires)
- Handheld Scanners
The Tire-Track ID UnitTM enables a Fleet Maintenance, Tire Tracking or Dealer's Retread Program to capture important information for managing your fleet's tires quickly and accurately. You will be able to:
- Track the repair history of every tire in your fleet
- Control tire expenses
- Justify purchasing costs
- Reduce average operating costs
- Manage tire costs for an entire fleet
- Report on the current condition of all your tires
- Predict tread reduction/wear rate
- Identify your original casing after retreading
- Formulate tire comparison reports
How Much Do You Know About Your Tires?
- How do you control your fleet's tire costs?
- Do you know each tire's repair history?
- What is the current condition of all your tires?
- Did your original casing come back from the retread shop?
Protect your tire investment
Tires and associated service costs make up one of the largest expense in a fleet's budget. A tire tracking program that uses the Tire-Track ID UnitTM allows you to identify the specific reason a tire needs to be serviced and record that service into the tire's history.
Get the most out of your tires
Tracking performance is an essential part of ensuring maximum tire life. Tracking means following a tire from cradle to grave, citing service history to tread wear. Historically, Fleet Managers would "Hot Brand" their tires and then manually record all of the information associated with each tire. At first, this seems like a simple, low-cost method for managing the tires. However, tire branding is slow, dangerous and can destroy perfectly good casings. In addition, it relies upon manual data collection & entry, which is time consuming and prone to error. If the data is incorrectly collected and recorded, it negates the entire purpose of tracking your tires. Barcoding has been proven to be a faster and more accurate method of data collection.
The Tire-Track ID UnitTM
- A multi-layer all rubber barcode label specifically designed for tires.
- The barcode is cut deeply into the rubber for permanent identification, so it cannot wear off.
The Tire-Track ID UnitTM is a permanent all rubber barcode label specifically designed for tires. It enables the software to deliver an analysis program that helps you identify the causes for tire failure, evaluate tire performance from multiple vendors or models, and review relationships between vehicle type and tire performance.
- Permanently bonds to new or used tire casings
- Can be applied to a "green" uncured tire
- Resists fading, staining, and will not wear off
A tire tracking program starts with the Tire-Track ID UnitTM, each ID UnitTM contains a unique serial number that can be read electronically by any barcode scanner, the corresponding human readable number and your company's name or ID for fast identification, or to deter theft or substitution.
Tire-Track LLC does not provide its own software, only Tire-Track ID UnitTM. Instead, the ID UnitTM works with any Fleet Maintenance, Tire Tracking or Dealer's Retread Program. If you need a software program and/or hardware, please contact us and we can recommend several programs that will fit your needs.
If you would like a FREE SAMPLE, call us now @ 1-800-227-5592.